Sunday, July 25, 2010

Men you date & men you marry.

They say you can’t turn a ho into a housewife. Well, you can’t turn a hoe into a husband either.

The other day I came across an article on lust vs love that I seriously loved.

In a nut shell the article stated that some women make the mistake of being infatuated with the person who treats them poorly as opposed to the man who adores them and gives them the world. This is very true with a lot of women. I find that a lot of these women are either immature or have low self-esteem. Some are infatuated with the whole "thug" image and dream of dating drug dealers who in return beat and cheat on them.

From personal experience, when I was younger I didn't want the good guy because that meant we were going to date for a long time and I was not ready. But I was also a teenager. I learned that both good guys and the bad ones can break your heart, but realized that the stupid girl image was not for me.

The article refers to Jazmine Sullivan's song called "I'm in love with another man" which pretty much says "it's not you, it's me". Sound familiar? Wasn't long before I realized that some men do this too. Sometimes they feel like they don't deserve a good woman and instead would rather settle for less. Sometimes these situations leave the good person feeling unworthy, but the truth is they are better off with someone of the same caliber, someone grateful.
Ultimately, I realized that I am not alone on this topic. See article here: http://bitchielife.necolebitchie.com/2010/07/there-are-men-you-date-and-men-you-marry/

No comments:

Post a Comment