Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Relationship Blues

Although I listen to r&b 24/7, when I listen to Mariah Carey & Toni Braxton it usually means one of two things: heartbreak or heartache.

(the old MC has unbelievable songs!)


I find myself having relationship blues and it can at times be hard to express my feelings without being rude. That's just the way I am. So there goes rounds 1-12.

There comes a time in every relationship when you question the purpose of it and the person who you are with. No one couple has a perfect relationship so there is no need to chase an impossible outcome. But for the sake of love we must learn to get along.

As women we can sometimes feel like we are taken for granted bc we do not get praised enough for our deeds. I do not need a parade, but at the same time show me that you appreciate me. I absolutely hate not being enough for someone when you went above and beyond. I am a certain kind of woman who likes to keep her dignity and is not desperate to be in love. My argument is appreciate what you have bc once I am gone, please believe I am not going to look back. I cook, clean, please you in every way and I have depth to myself.

I have no doubt in my body that you absolutely adore me, but showing it and saying it are two different animals.

Ahhhhh. and the venting continues. *turns up the music*

2 comments:

  1. Darn, I have to rewrite what I had typed in here. It didn't post. REWIND. Every relationship has there personal issues, but the difference between a failed relationship & long lasting one is the trials they overcome. You either let it break you or make you. Failed relationships are as follow, there in agreement for the ride, they get in and forget to buckle their seats, and along the way they simply just stop the car & go their seperate ways. Relationships that make it buckle up for the ride, and they ride it out till they reach paradise. I hope you & Ant reach paradise one day. For ever and ever more. (you see what Toni Braxton has done to me!!!!!!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. the things we argue about are petty. we are a work in progress both individually and as a unit. nobody understands me more than that man. and i don't think anyone would ever love me like he does. our minds are distinctly alike and our aspirations are the same. thanks for reading, replying and the well wishes. soul sista. :)

    ReplyDelete