Thursday, August 19, 2010

To My Soul Sistas.


I learned that although we want certain relationships to grow with each year, the reality is people change. Some for the better, others not so much. We meet different people every day, but some mean more than others. I have lost some friendships in the past. Just like a dating relationship we grow apart or have different plans in mind. The people who really mattered will always find a way back in our lives.

I have very few close relationships because I prefer quality over quantity. These are the people who I would do anything for. These are the people who I give 100% Teresita to on the daily basis. These people know me in and out, good, bad and fabulous. I owe these people a lot for trying to understand such a flawed person.

Every now and then I love just hanging out with my girls. Just us, our emotions and some alcohol. We share our deepest thoughts, lots of laughs and sometimes tears. These ARE the fruits of my labor. We work so damn hard every day, never giving up and then it's time to unwind. Time to just not give a fuck about anything in the world. Time to make fun of our decisions and the cards that are dealt. We don't judge each other, we just respect our choices. So here's to another drunken, funny and memorable night.

Although we are not blood sisters, we're soul sisters.

1 comment: